Baked salmon fillets covered with a flavorful golden brown walnut crust is a must-try dish for fish lovers. Great to serve with a fresh green salad or cooked vegetables.
Walnut Crusted Salmon
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 salmon fillets (100 g. each)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbspn Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the walnuts, Dijon mustard, maple syrup and dill in a blender or food processor and pulse for 30-40 seconds until the mixture resembles a thick paste.
- Add the olive oil to an oven proof pan and set over medium heat.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then top the fillets with the prepared walnut mixture and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.