Hearty and filling dish loaded with carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, bell paper, onion and flavored with Indian spices. Great to be served on a cold winter’s night.
Vegetable Masala Curry
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (435 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium boiling potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup cauliflower floret (1 small head)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- Place the garlic and ginger in a bowl of your food processor and pulse until finely crushed. Add the canned tomatoes (with the juice), season with cayenne pepper and pulse for a couple of seconds until just combined. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a large pan and set over moderate heat. Add the chopped onion and bell pepper and cook for about 7-8 minutes, until tender.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, garam masala, ½ cup water and chili powder, give a stir and cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat, covered. Make sure to stir occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- Next, add the cauliflower, tomato mixture, and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes uncovered. If the mixture is too thick, you may add a little water.
- Turn the heat off, add the coconut milk, adjust seasonings to taste, stir well and enjoy.