The various health benefits of spinach are due to the presence of minerals, vitamins, pigments and phytonutrients, including potassium, manganese, zinc, magnesium, iron and calcium. From the other side; Tomatoes are packed full of beneficial nutrients and antioxidants and are a rich source of vitamins A and C and folic acid.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook bell pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, basil, bouillon and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Serve hot.