Coconut flour is high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats and is free from wheat and other grains. It is also low in sugar, digestible carbohydrates and calories, and has a low score on the glycemic index.
Tropicco Coconut Bread
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups coconut flour
- 1 banana
- 1/2 pineapple, cubed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups sweetener or coconut sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine beaten eggs, sugar, oil and coconut extract; mix well. Stir in shredded coconut, banana i pineapple.
- Combine flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir well with spatula or by hand.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Pour the batter into loaf pans, place on middle rack and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool, slice and serve.