A simple and healthy tomato haricot soup recipe for your family and friends.
Tomato And Haricot Soup
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 Tbs tomato purée
- 3 1/2 oz haricot beans (soaked overnight)
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- In a non-stick frying pan heat the oil, add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, tomato purée and tomatoes together along with the drained beans.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for an hour or until beans are completely tender.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve garnished with mint leaves.