An absolutely delicious bread recipe with carrot and sultanas. Enjoy with butter and cheese.
Sunshine Bread with Pineapple Carrot Sultana
- 350 g plain flour, plus extra to knead the dough
- 1 (7 g) packet fast-acting dried yeast
- 1 carrot
- 30 g sultanas
- 1⁄2 x 200 g tin of pineapple chunks with juice
- Oil or butter, for greasing
- Combine the flour and yeast in a medium bowl.
- Add the grated carrots and sultanas and mix well.
- Drain the pineapple pieces reserving juice. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and fold the pineapple pieces into it.
- In a measuring cup, mix the pineapple juice with boiling water to make it 160 ml liquid and pour over the pineapple. Mix well to form soft dough. Then transfer to your work surface, dusted with flour and knead with your hands.
- If the dough is too moist, you may need to add little more flour. Let it sit for 15 minutes, covered with a kitchen towel.
- Then place the dough into a loaf pan, coated with oil and let it sit, covered, to prove for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 50 minutes, until it has is risen and acquired golden crust. Let it cool and enjoy warm with butter or cheese.