Artichoke is one of the popular thistle vegetables of Mediterranean origin. They significantly lower blood cholesterol levels, prevent heart disease and atherosclerosis, enhance detoxification reactions, as well as protect the liver from damage.
- 1 chicken breast, bonless
- 1 cup white vine
- 4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 11 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Whipped cream
- 1 tsp Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cn (15-oz) artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 green onions, green and white parts included, chopped
- 1/4 tsp tarragon leaves
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley, basil or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large frying pan, heat the butter on medium temperature.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Remove the chicken and place in baking pan or casserole.
- In same frying pan, sauté the mushrooms about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, whipped cream, tarragon, wine and water; simmer, stirring, about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Pour over chicken.
- Bake in oven, uncovered, for 60 minutes.
- After this time, mix in the artichoke hearts, green onions and parsley. Bake about 5 more minutes more.
- Serve hot.