This healthy and tasty dish is an excellent alternative to traditional fried potatoes.
Spiced Spinach Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 ml tomato paste
- 300 g baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 150 g boiled waxy potatoes, peeled, quartered
- Add the oil to a skillet and set over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds, fry for a minute, stirring frequently and then add the onion and garlic and cook until they become tender.
- Add the potatoes, spinach, fresh coriander, ginger, tomato paste and spices.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of water over and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are heated through and the spinach has wilted, about 3-4 minutes.