This soup is a very simple combination and a perfect winter booster with betacarotene and vitamin A from the carrots and Gingers warm, spicy taste that is sometimes described as peppery.
Sour Ginger Carrot Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 lb carrots, cut in chunks
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp crystallized ginger, minced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Chives for garnish
- In a large pot, sauté onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add the carrots, broth, ginger and cinnamon. Simmer until carrots are thoroughly cooked, 12-17 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Stir in orange juice and coconut milk.
- Serve warm or chilled, garnished with snippets of chives.