A perfect way to use summer tomatoes from your garden. Mixed herbs give a delicate flavor to this tomato sauce..
Simple Tomato Sauce For Pasta
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 canf chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- A pinch of mixed dried herbs
- Black pepper to taste
- 210 g uncooked wholewheat pasta
- 410 g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- Add the oil to a skillet and set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic. Cook for a minute and then stir in the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, sugar and mixed dried herbs.
- Let it simmer for 15-18 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat.
- Cook your pasta following cooking directions and serve topped with the prepared tomato sauce.