This is a simple but very delicious carrot cream, light and healthy.
Savory Carrot and Orange Cream
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of cooking cream
- 1 1/4 hot vegetable broth
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion in a pan with butter for about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Pour the broth and cook for 15 minutes. Blend.
- Add the cooking cream and orange juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold, although it is delicious when warm.
Tip: you can decorate it with chives, cream or orange slices.