Sure, this spicy sausage casserole with potatoes, tomatoes, garlic and onion will become your favorite. Hot, warm or cool it is still absolutely delicious.
- 900 Italian sausages, hot or mild
- 4 potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until browned. Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with cut potatoes, onion, peppers, crushed tomatoes and garlic.
- Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper to taste and bake in the oven at 350 F for 45-50 minutes until the potatoes are crisp tender. Uncover the pan and bake for another 15 minutes until the potatoes become fork tender.
- Serve warm and enjoy.