Tilapia is highly valued as a seafood source due to its many beneficial qualities, which are attributed to its wealth of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, including significant amounts of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, phosphorous, potassium, vitamin B12, niacin, vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 2 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbs butter, room temperature
- 3 Tbs Mayonnaise (without added carbs)
- 3 Tbs green onions (chopped)
- seasoned herbs
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- salt and black pepper (per taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In buttered baking lay fillets in single layer.
- Brush top with lemon juice.
- Combine chopped onions, cheese, butter, mayonnaise and seasonings in a deep bowl. Mix well with fork.
- Bake fish 10 to 20 minutes or until fish just starts to flake.
- Spread fish with cheese mixture and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes more.
- Serve hot.