This is another interesting recipe for risotto you can experience for your family. It features beetroot, garlic and herbs, thus being very healthy and providing you lots of vitamins.
Roasted Beetroot Red Wine And Brie Risotto
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 300 g rice
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 250 g beetroot
- 3 tbsp red wine
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 50 g Brie
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Place the peeled and diced beetroot in a roasting pan, season with dried herbs, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until the edges have lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to a saucepan and set over low heat. Add the finely chopped garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Add the rice and stir until coated. Increase the heat to medium and fry until the edges of the rice become translucent.
- Stir in the wine.
- Next, Dissolve the stock cube in 500 ml boiling water and pour 1/3 of it over the rice. Stir well and cook until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Add the next batch of the stock (about 1/3) and continue cooking. Meanwhile, remove the roasted beetroot from the oven and mash it using a fork. Add to the risotto and mix well.
- Finally, pour the remaining stock into the risotto and cook until the risotto is still creamy and the rice is al dente.
- Add the crumbled brie and stir to combine.
- Great to be served with a fresh green salad or sauteed vegetables.