The rich flavor of this dish comes from the rosemary, thyme and garlic. A perfect dish for friend gatherings or family dinners.
Roast chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
- 500 g carrots
- 600 g potatoes
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- 1 (1.6 kg) whole free-range chicken
- 1 lemon
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel and cut your carrots in halve lengthwise. Place in roasting pan. Then peel and halve the potatoes and add to the pan.
- Crush the unpeeled garlic cloves with the flat side of a knife and place in the pan, followed by the rosemary leaves.
- Season the vegetables with sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with oil, toss to coat and spread out in an even layer.
- Season the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper and drizzle of oil. Place a whole lemon and thyme sprigs in the cavity of the chicken and place it on top of the vegetables.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn the vegetables over, pouring any juices from the pan over the chicken.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake for another 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven. Cover the chicken with foil and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.