Most of us have hard times persuading our kids to eat soup. Be sure, kids will ask you for more of this mushroom soup. Just be careful with spices.
Red Wine and Mushroom Soup
- 200g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 300 ml boiling water
- 50 ml red wine
- A handful of chopped thyme, plus extra to garnish
- Cheese to garnish
- Rinse the mushrooms, chop and place in a saucepan.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 300 ml boiling water and pour over the mushrooms.
- Add the onion, garlic, thyme and wine and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Then slow down the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup into a blender and pulse until puree.
- Pour into serving bowls and serve warm garnished with chopped thyme and grated cheese.