This meat-free red lentil sauce is perfect over a bowl of pasta full of taste and healthy source of iron, protein and vitamin B1.
Red Lentil Bolognese
- 1 can (15 oz) peeled tomatoes
- 1 leek
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 1/2 cup of red lentils
- 1 glass white wine
- herbs of Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- chilli (optional)
- Slice the onions and the leek.
- Grate the carrot.
- Sweat in a cast iron casserole previously oiled. (7-8 min).
- In an iron casserole add oil, tomatoes, spices, white wine, salt and pepper and simmer for 45 minutes.
- At the same time, in a separate casserole cook the lentils according instructions on the package.
- When the lentils are almost cooked drain and put them in the tomato sauce.
- Add a little water if necessary. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti or rice and enjoy!