Just a few minutes spent in the kitchen and these wonderful pita pockets are ready to be served.
Pita Pockets with Avocado
- 1 plantain, cut
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 3 Portobello caps, chopped
- 2 pita bread rounds, warmed, cut in half
- 4 cups arugula, coarsely chopped
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and set over medium heat. Add the plantain pieces to the pan and sauté for a few minutes until crisp tender.
- Transfer to the plate lined with paper towels to drain. Slightly flatten the plantains with a bottom of the bottle and return beck to the pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In the same frying pan sauté the mushrooms over medium heat until soft.
- Slightly warm the pita halves. Put equal amounts of the sautéed mushrooms, plantain, arugula and avocado slices in each pita pocket and enjoy.