The trick with these cookies is rolling both sheets into a log. With just a little experience such troubles can easily be avoided.
- 190g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 110 g butter, softened
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 170 g plain melted chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the sifted flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the egg yolk, vanilla and milk and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well until dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls. Set the one aside.
- Melt the chocolate, let it cool slightly and add to the other half. Mix to combine. Place 2 balls in the fridge and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the choco and white parts separately between two sheets of parchment paper to form rectangles 6 mm thick . Remove the top sheet and place the one layer on the other.
- Roll into a log and wrap and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Remove the wrap and cut the dough into 3mm thick slices. Arrange the circles on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and serve.