A hearty and flavorful hot chocolate recipe with peanut butter. It can easily be made in a few minutes and will satisfy just about everyone; we do enjoy a hot cup of peanut butter hot chocolate on a cold winter’s evening.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and milk to a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, mixing constantly.
- Once the mixture is about to boil, add the peanut butter and stir well to combine.
- Pour the hot chocolate into a mug and serve immediately, topped with whipped cream and garnished with chopped salted peanuts.