Goat meat is a healthy alternative to beef and chicken because of its lower calorie, fat and cholesterol totals.
Oriental Turmeric Goat Skewers
- 1 lb boneless goat loin, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbs orange juice
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, orange juice, ground ginger and all seasonings; turmeric, cumin, coriander. Season with salt per taste. Blend well.
- Add the goat meat cubes to the bowl, stir to coat with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 4 - 24 hours.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, pat lightly with paper towels to dry.
- Place meat evenly on the skewers.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium. Reduce heat to low and cook skewers, in 2 batches, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade, for 20 minutes or until nicely brown.
- Serve hot.