Lamb soup can be found almost in every cuisine of the world and every nation has its favorite ingredients to add. The combination of green beans, okra and lamb in this dish makes it one of the most delicious.
Okra Soup with Lamb
- 900 g lamb, cut
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 0.5 lb green beans, trimmed
- 250 g okra
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Red and black ground pepper
- cilantro, basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, fry the meat and fry with butter. Add the chopped onions.
- Peel the tomatoes. To do so, make a crisscross cut on the bottom and place in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. This will help the skin come off easily. Dice the tomatoes and add to the meat.
- Pour some boiled water over the meat. .
- Trim the green beans and cut.
- Add to the soup. Season the soup with salt and pepper. Those who like spicy food, may add a husk of hot Chili (the longer it stays in the soup, the hotter the soup will be).
- Then trim the okra (cut off the ends). Okra should be added to the soup 10 minutes prior to removing it from the heat, since it can easily be overcooked.
- Once the soup is done, add plenty of finely chopped herbs: coriander and basil.