A very delicious soup let alone the benefits of cooked vegetables. It is also a rich source of vitamins and fiber.
Mushroom and Potato Soup
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 6 cupschicken or beef stock
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped dill
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g fresh baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- For Serving:
- Fresh dill
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the green onions and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the stock and bay leaves.
- Next, tip in the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes, half covered, until the potatoes are almost cooked and soft.
- Meanwhile add the oil to a frying pan and set over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add to the soup, followed by the chopped dill. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the half and half and flour in a small bowl until smooth. Slowly pour into the soup, stirring regularly.
- Increase the heat to medium high and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the soup has thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Ladle into serving bowls, sprinkle with chopped fresh dill and serve.