Your guests will adore these mince pies, as they literally melt in your mouth. Sprinkle little confectioner’s sugar on top to make the chef-d’oeuvre complete.
Mince Pie Cramble
- 100g flour
- 100g oats
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 400 g apples
- 200 g mixed fruit and peel
- 200 g tinned mandarins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Wash the apples, dice and place in a saucepan, followed by the mandarins and mixed peel. Pour in enough water to cover and cook over high heat. When it begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes, until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the oats, flour and sugar. In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and add to the flour mixture.
- Mix well to combine.
- Arrange the stewed fruit on a baking dish, using a slotted spoon. Add a little cooking water over the fruit. This will help to keep the fruit moist. Season with cinnamon and top with a layer of crumble mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 180 C for 20 minutes, until the top is firm to the touch and golden brown.