Amazing combination of dark chocolate, tomatoes and black beans, loaded with Mexican flavors.
Mexican Chocolate, Chilli and Black Bean Soup
- 100g dried black beans
- 1 onion
- 1 fat clove of garlic
- 1 small red chilli or a pinch of chilli flakes
- a generous shake of paprika
- a generous shake of ground cumin
- a splash of oil
- 1 carrot
- 30 ml red wine
- 1 ( 400 g) tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 20 g dark chocolate
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Soak the beans for at least 4-5 hours or overnight. Then rinse with running cold water, place in a saucepan, add fresh water and set over high heat. When it begins to boil , reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until they become tender.
- Add the oil to a saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic, and red chilli and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the cumin and paprika and continue cooking, until the garlic and onions are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, chopped carrot, red wine and dark chocolate.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 400 ml boiling water and add to the saucepan. Drain the beans and add to the soup. Stir well and bring to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls, garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy.