Potato Croquettes stuffed with ground beef. You may serve them as an entree or a side dish.
Meat stuffed Potato Croquettes
- 12-13 medium potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs,
- 1 medium onion
- 250 g ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- Piece of butter
- Small bunch of cilantro, dill, chopped
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cook in a pot of salted boiling water. Drain and mash well until puree.
- Add 2 egg yolks, season with salt and mix well. Let it cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the meat filling.
- Add butter and vegetable oil to a skillet and set over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until tender and translucent.
- Add the flour and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Add the minced meat and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, Season with salt and mix in the chopped fresh herbs.
- In a deep bowl, whisk 2 egg whites and 1 egg.
- Dust your hands with flour. Take a small ball of mashed potatoes and make a well in the center. Place 1-2 teaspoons meat filling and shape into a croquette. Dredge in the egg and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Fry the croquettes in hot oil until golden brown on all sides.