The meatballs are a recipe made with simple ingredients but very tasty. It is a great main dish, appetizer and snack.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork or chicken
- 1 cup milk
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 8 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- First, pour milk over bread in a bowl; let soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain and discard milk.
- Place bread in a bowl and mix with ground meat, potatoes, parsley, 4 eggs, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into balls; place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and chill.
- Pour oil to a depth frying skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Place flour, remaining eggs, lightly beaten, and bread crumbs in three separate bowls.
- Working in batches, dredge each meatball in flour, coat in eggs, and coat in bread crumbs; fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.