This recipe makes a healthy and delicious pate with fish, cream cheese and lemon juice. Serve with freshly baked bread and enjoy.
- 220g Mackerel
- 100g cream cheese
- 100 g butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 200 g fresh spinach
- 1 small loaf fresh baked bread
- Lemon for garnish
- Wash the mackerel and remove the skin. Place in a bowl and break up into smaller pieces, trying to remove and discard any bones that can be seen.
- Add the melted butter, cream cheese, lemon juice and pepper and mix well until blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a tin, lined with parchment and press with your hands to the bottom. Let sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Cut the pate into slices, place on a plate lined with fresh spinach leaves and serve with the freshly baked bread.
- If you want to make it look pretty, garnish with lemon slices or pomegranate seeds.