Brown Rice Pasta is made from quality rice, stone-ground and formed to gourmet class. An ultimate in the enjoyment of pasta.
Lemony Chicken Brown Rice Pasta
- 8 oz brown rice pasta
- 1 1/4 lb chicken breast halves
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp paprika (optional)
- 2 Tbs chopped chives or scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 340F.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Heat butter and the oil in a non-stick frying skillet.
- Add the chicken pieces, green onions and garlic, and saute until chicken is just firm and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Toss with cooked pasta and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne in a saucepan; gradually add chicken broth and skim milk, stirring with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add mustard and lemon juice. Allow to cool.
- Add sauce to chicken-pasta mixture.
- Put the mixture into a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle almonds and chopped chives over, and bake for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot.