Mediterranean soup recipe made with egg yolk and lemon juice mixed with broth, heated until they thicken.
Lemon-Eggs Chicken Soup
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 4 eggs
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parsley leaves, for garnish
- Bring stock and water to a boil in a big pot over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in rice; cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and juice in a bowl until frothy, add one cup of the simmering stock and whisk to combine; transfer back to the pot.
- Cook, while stirring, about 2 minutes more; season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.