Lemon Cheesecake is all time favorite. It is is a refreshing summer dessert, bursting with flavor and is super easy to make.
- For the base:
- 4 oz digestive biscuits
- 4 Tbs butter
- 3 Tbs cold water
- For the filling:
- 12 oz soft cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1 lemon (juice and rind)
- 3/4 cup double cream
- For the topping (optional):
- 1 sachet of powdered lemon gelatin
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
- Mix the melted butter with the biscuit crumbs in a bowl. Spoon the mixture into a flan tin or sponge tin with a loose base which has been lightly oiled.
- Next, put the gelatin, along with 3 tablespoons cold water, into a small cup and stand this in a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Leave it for about 10 minutes or until the gelatin looks clear and transparent. Set aside.
- Place the cheese, eggs yolks and sugar in a blender and mix for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, the rind of the lemon and the gelatin – pour this in through a strainer. Blend again until the mixtures looks absolutely smooth.Whip the cream until it thickens and add it to the lemon and cheese mixture. Blend again briefly until the cream is well incorporated into the mixture and then pour over the biscuit base.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for a minimum of three hours.
- Once the mixture is set, pour a thin layer of lemon gelatin over the cake and leave it to set for a further two hours.