Cooked pasta loaded with delicious sauce. The combination of leeks, cheese and cabbage is fantastic.
Leek, Savoy and Cheese Pasta
- 100g leeks
- 2 Savoy cabbage leaves
- 100g pasta,
- 1 garlic clove,
- 1 onion,
- Tablespoon of flour
- 15 ml tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 100 ml soya milk
- 30g Smoked cheese
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water, following package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, combine the leeks, onion and garlic, drizzle with a little oil and cook over medium low heat.
- Fold in the finely shredded cabbage and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the flour with little oil and cook, stirring vigorously until a thick paste forms.
- Stir in the soya or regular milk and cook stirring constantly, until smooth and creamy.
- Return the cooked vegetables back into the pan; add the cubed cheese and cook, stirring frequently, until the cheese has melted. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Place the pasta in a serving plate, top with the prepared sauce and enjoy.