This is a delectable dish cooked with rice, kipper fillet, green beans and parsnips. The addition of cumin and turmeric makes it even more luscious.
Kipper and Parsnip Risotto
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150g long grain rice
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 large parsnips,
- 120g kipper fillets
- 100g green beans
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 1tbsp of lemon juice
- Parsley or coriander to serve
- Scrub and thinly slice your parsnips. . Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Fold in the parsnips and fry for 10 minutes until the edges turn golden.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the diced onion. Cook together for another 5 minutes, until onion has softened.
- Then add the rice and fry for a minute. Gradually pour in the stock and stir well after each addition.
- Next, add the kipper fillets, cumin and turmeric and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally . Once all the liquid has almost been absorbed, fold in the green beans. Using a wooden spoon, break up the kipper fillet, while stirring. When the rice and beans become tender, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Drizzle with little lemon juice and serve garnished with chopped fresh herbs.