An absolutely delicious pudding recipe. Make sure you have all the ingredients at hand and get ready for this special treat.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- Grated zest of 1⁄2 orange, plus 6 tbsp juice
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 125 g self-rising flour, sifted
- Generously butter inside of 4 pudding basins.
- Place 1 tablespoon of jam in the bottom of each pudding basin and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C .
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar, butter and orange zest until light and creamy. Add the egg, followed by the flour and orange juice.
- Mix well to reach a dropping consistency. Add the mixture into the pudding basins and flatten the surface with a spoon.
- Cover with foil and place in a large roasting pan.
- Add enough boiling water to reach halfway up their sides and bake 35 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the pudding from the basins, top with extra jam and serve.