Making these pop tarts will be a real party for your kids. And the best thing in this recipe is that it takes about 20 minutes to prepare it.
Homemade Pop Tarts
- 1 (450 g) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon colored decorating sugar
- Preheat oven to 220 C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat your work surface with flour and using a rolling pin, roll the crusts and cut each of them into 6-8 rectangles.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons jam over each pastry rectangle, leaving 1/4 inch of the edges. Place another pastry on top and slightly pat to seal.
- Arrange the tarts on the baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes, until the edges become light golden .
- Let them cool on the baking sheets.
- Meanwhile start making the frosting by mixing the milk, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Coat the cooled tarts with frosting and garnish with colored sugar.