Lasagna is one of the most popular Italian foods. Sauté the pork with onions and tomatoes. make the cheese mixture, spread over lasagna sheets, bake and enjoy.
Homemade Free Range Pork Lasagna
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk powder
- 200 ml water
- 1/2 a mozzarella cheese ball
- 450 g free range pork mince
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 small tin double concentrated tomato purée
- 1 stock cube diluted in 15 0ml water
- 9 lasagna sheets
- Cook your lasagna sheets according package directions. Make sure they are not stacked together.
- Meanwhile start making ragu. Coat a nonstick pan with cooking oil and set over medium heat. Add the onions, ground pork and herbs and cook until the meat is lightly browned and the onions become tender.
- Next, stir in the tomato puree. Dissolve the stock cube in 150 ml water and add to the pan. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes, until the pork is cooked through.
- Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Wash and dry the pan. Combine the flour, oil and skimmed milk powder in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes over low heat. Add half of the water, little at a time stirring vigorously after each addition. Once the mixture resembles a smooth paste, add the cut cheese. Cook until the cheese has melted.
- Preheat the oven for 200 C.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread the ½ of ragu on the bottom of a large roasting pan. Place the lasagna sheets over,(3-5 at a time ). Then top with a thin layer of white sauce.
- Place the second layer of ragu on top followed by the remaining pasta sheets
- Spread the cheese sauce over and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven , until the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown.