Feta cheese is lower in calories than many other types of cheese and can be a healthy addition to any diet, when used in moderation. Easy recipe for savory Greek feta pie.
Herbed Feta Tart
- 4 sheets Phyllo dough
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1 1 cups milk
- 1 lb ricotta cheese, drained
- 3/4 lb crumbled feta
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano, (chopped fine)
- 1 tsp crushed red chile flakes
- 2 tsp fresh thyme (chopped fine
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter.
- Lay 2 sheets phyllo on baking sheet; brush with some melted butter.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and eggs. In a separate bowl, stir Feta, ricotta, fresh oregano, thyme, and chile flakes.
- Pour half the egg mixture over phyllo; dot with half the cheese mixture. Repeat, layering remaining phyllo, butter, egg mixture, and feta-cheese mixture.
- Place in oven and bake until bottom is golden and filling is just set, about 35 minutes.
- Heat oven broiler. Broil until golden and crisp, 1–2 minutes.
- Let cool, slice and serve.