This is a healthy and flavorful dish made with baked ham, peas and milk. Fresh mint gives a delicate flavor to this amazing dish.
- 1/2 lb baked ham, thinly sliced
- 7 oz (about 2 cups) cornbread, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-inch casserole dish with butter or coat with cooking spray.
- Place the cornbread, ham, peas and chopped mint in a bowl, toss to combine and transfer to a casserole dish. Using a spatula spread the mixture evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and milk, season with salt and pour over ham and peas mixture.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is set and light golden. Remove from the oven, let it cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy.
- Great to be served with a fresh green or veggie salad.