A wonderful appetizer served over toasted brioche. This is great way to use up all those lovely garden tomatoes!
- 2 (5 cm thick) slices brioche
- 450 g pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup assorted fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, thyme, dill, chives)
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190 C.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, herbs in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Evenly spread the mixture over the brioche slice, season with additional pepper, and enjoy.