Delicious bread for breakfast, lunch, sandwiches, snacks and brunch.
Garlic Lemon And Herb Bread
- 1 1/4 cup white plain flour
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- Fresh herbs, chopped (basil, thyme and rosemary)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, put the flour and yeast. Add the herbs and crushed garlic with a flourish.
- Pour the lemon juice into a measuring jug. Add 2 tsp of oil and lukewarm water.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour/yeast/herb mixture and add the liquid gradually, working the mixture in with a wooden or silicone spoon or your hand.
- Flour your work surface, and knead and stretch the dough for about 10 minutes.
- Grease the inside of the bowl, put the dough into it, cover with a towel and leave to rise until doubled in size ( about half an hour)
- When risen, knock the air out of it by tipping back onto a lightly floured work surface and gently shaping into a rugby ball shape.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Oil a loaf tin, place your dough, pop the tea towel back on top and leave for another half an hour.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When ready, allow to cool, slice and serve.