Absolutely delicious florentines full of vitamins and fiber. Combine the flour, almonds, dried fruit and mixed seeds, in a bowl and give a try.
- 50 g mixed dried cherries or candied orange peel
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 70 g sugar
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 50 g flaked almonds
- 60 ml crème fraîche
- 30 g mixed seeds , such as sunflower, sesame, poppy seeds
- 150 g dark (70%) or milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Combine the butter, flour and sugar in a small pot or saucepan and set over low heat.
- Cook stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved, about 8-10 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the crème fraîche, Remove the pan from the heat and fold in the almonds and finely chopped cherries or peel. Mix well to combine.
- Using a teaspoon, drop the warm mixture onto the baking sheets, lined with parchment, about 1-1.5 inches apart.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 13 -15 minutes, until firm to the touch and light golden. Remove from the heat and let them cool on the baking sheets.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in your microwave and drizzle it over the florentines with a teaspoon. Let them sit for about 15 minutes until completely set and enjoy.