Fish and seafood are high-protein, low-fat food that provides a range of health benefits. Also, they are high in omega-3 fatty acids, or the “good” fats.
Fisherman Seafood Stew (Slow Cooker)
- 3/4 lb halibut fish
- 2 lbs mussels
- 1/2 lb lobster (shell removed, but keep the shell)
- 1/2 lb squid tube
- 3/4 lb sea scallops
- 6 carrots (chopped)
- 1 can (11 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (fat-free)
- 4 oz green chile
- 1/4 cup cider syrup
- 1 whole lime
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cumin
- Tabasco (to taste, optional)
- sea salt to taste
- cilantro (chopped, for garnish)
- Place bell pepper, onion, carrots, garlic, green chille, tomatoes, cider syrup, lime, vegetable broth, honey, cumin and Tabasco sauce (except cilantro) in a 5 or 6 quart Slow Cooker.
- Mix well to unit all ingredients. Turn heat to HIGH and cook for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- In a deep bowl, place all seafood and generously season with salt.
- Add the seafood in a Slow Cooker with vegetables and mix well so the seafood is totally covered with the broth.
- Cook on HIGH for approximately 30 minutes. When done, remove the lid and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro on top and serve warm.