Risotto will literally melt in your mouth and you’ll feel that eating is not only about satisfying hunger.
Earthy Red Wine Mushroom Risotto
- 450 g mixed wild mushrooms
- 5 ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- Pour the chicken stock into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Once it is about to boil, turn the heat off and cover to keep warm.
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan and set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender. Add the rice, season with salt and pepper and fry for a minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine and continue cooking until the rice has absorbed the wine. Then add 1 cup hot stock and let it simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Gradually add the stock about 1 cup at a time and continue cooking stirring constantly. When all stock has gone and the rice is al dente, season risotto with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes, until tender, stirring often.
- Add the mushrooms to the risotto, followed by the cheese and chopped parsley, Mix well and serve warm.