Reading the list of ingredients you can understand that you are about to make an absolutely tasty dish, which is full of vitamins and proteins.
Curried Coconut Soup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (450 g) tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, peeled seeded,
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (420 g) tin light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Add the olive oil to a medium saucepan and set over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, chili and bell pepper sauté for a couple of minutes, until the veggies become tender.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas and broth season with curry powder, salt and black pepper and let it cook over high heat.
- Once it begins to boil, slow down the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally pour in the coconut milk, sprinkle with cilantro and cook another 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Ladle into individual bowls and serve warm.