Very quick, easy and delicious vegetarian starter.
Courgette Tomato And Brie Gratin
- 4 medium courgettes/zucchini, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and sliced
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 oz Cheddar cheese, cut into slices
- 4 Tbs grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Drain, dry and salt the sliced courgettes: layer them in a colander, sprinkling each layer with salt, and place a suitably sized plate on top.
- Dry completely the courgettes thorough a clean cloth.
- Heat the oil in a non-sticking frying pan, add the crushed garlic and sauté the courgette slices to a nice golden colour on each side.
- Arrange layers of courgettes, cheese slices and sliced tomatoes in a heatproof gratin dish so that they overlap each other slightly like slates on a roof.
- Finally sprinkle on the grated Parmesan, basil and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.