Lemon zest adds a touch of summer and freshness to this courgette bread!
Courgette Sultana And Lemon Bread
- 3 cups all purpose-flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp sultanas
- Baking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon stirring well.
- In another deep bowl, beat eggs with a mixer at medium speed until foamy.
- Add sugar, zucchini, oil, lemon juice and zest and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- Add zucchini mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in sultanas.
- Spoon batter into 2 (9 x 5–inch) loaf pans coated with baking spray.
- Bake for one hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When done, let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pans.
- Cool completely, slice and serve.