Experience this flavorful bolognese recipe with beef, mushrooms and tomatoes. Make sure you have all the ingredients at hand and get ready for this special treat.
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of corned beef
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 6-8 medium sized mushrooms
- 100 ml red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 beef stock cube
- salt, pepper, oregano, basil (or mixed herbs if you prefer)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, salt, pepper and herbs and sauté until the onion has softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Cut the corned beef and add to the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes. Add the wine, give a stir, increase the heat to high to boil off the alcohol.
- Then add the tomatoes, tomato puree and beef stock cube. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Slow down the heat to medium low, fold in the mushrooms and let it simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture has thickened.
- Enjoy with freshly cooked pasta.