Delicious chocolate tea to enjoy with morning tea or coffee. This recipe uses all-purpose flour, eggs and chocolate chips and comes out fluffy and moist.
Chocolate Tea Bread
- 1-½ cup all-purpose Flour
- ⅓ cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ½ cups applesauce
- ⅓ cups water
- 1-¼ cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- ⅓ cups butter, melted
- ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Coat your loaf pan with oil and lightly dust with four.
- Place the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, applesauce and water and beat well until smooth.
- Fold in the flour mixture and beat until just blended
- Finally mix in the melted butter and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit in the pan for 15 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.