Chili con carne, commonly known in American English as simply “chili”, is a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat, and often tomatoes and beans. Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin.
Chilli Con Carne
- 1 1/2 lbs minced meat
- 3 cans red beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 peppers (red and green)
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- White wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1-2 chili pepper (or Jalapeno)
- - Piri piri (chili peppers)
- Chop one medium onion and two cloves of garlic, drizzle with olive oil until the bottom is covered, bring to the boil and let it boil.
- Add the minced meat and brown it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, piri piri, tomato past, wine and 2 bay leaves (let it cook +/- 10 minutes), stir occasionaly.
- After 10 min add a little water and add chopped peppers; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn, the red beans with the water of the beans, adjust seasonings, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil for 10 minutes more.
- Serve with a white rice or basmati and enjoy!