These mouthwatering burgers are loaded with flavor and texture. You can use turkey or any smoked sausage, instead of chorizo in this recipe.
Chickpea And Chorizo Burgers
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 100 g chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 free range egg
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp flour
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil into a medium skillet and set over low heat.
- Add the chopped onion, chilli, crushed garlic, grated carrot, chorizo and paprika and fry for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender.
- Meanwhile, rinse the chickpeas, drain and place in a bowl. Using a potato masher, crush them until soft.
- Soak the slices of bread in water, squeeze out the liquid and add to the chickpeas.
- Next, add the onion- chorizo mixture, followed by the egg and 1 tablespoon of flour and mix until well blended.
- Heat the remaining oil in the previously used skillet over medium heat. Dust your hands with flour and shape the mixture into 6 burgers.
- Add to the pan and fry for 5-7 minutes per side, until lightly browned and crispy.
- If you want to freeze the burgers, arrange them on a baking sheet and freeze. Once firm, transfer to a plastic bag and store in the freezer until ready to cook (up to one month).